Blood Pressure Screenings
One out of every three Americans suffers from high blood pressure, also known as hypertension. We understand that keeping track of patients’ blood pressure is a critical part of assessing their overall health. This is because high blood pressure has been identified as a risk factor for many serious health conditions such as cardiovascular disease, stroke, heart failure, and kidney disease. Heart disease, in particular, is the leading cause of death in the United States.
We ensure that our blood pressure screenings take place in an environment that is stress-free so as to produce the most accurate baseline reading possible.
Our dental professionals are trained to:
- Identify the causes of high blood pressure
- Explain medical terminology to patients
- Demonstrate how to measure and keep track of blood pressure
- Discuss recommendations for further treatment
- Suggest suitable lifestyle modifications